Living in assisted living facilities is equal to improving your living condition during old age plus it is the combination of complete care and independence. Assisted living in Westwood, CA have been a blessing for people who require extra help with their day-to-day activities or living scenario. Also, there is no denying the fact that finding the right assisted living facility can be a big task in itself. But you shouldn’t forget that knowing the right things to pack for assisted living can be equally difficult.
For seniors, the initial transition to assisted living can be chaotic. It requires downsizing as well as strategic packaging. But how to know what you need to pack and what to drop before moving to an assisted living facility?
To make your stay or living in such a facility a joyful ride, here is a complete checklist that will make everything easier for you. This will allow you to have the best time of your retirement in assisted living.
- Assess the amenities – Before you start packing your stuff for assisted living in Westwood CA, it is essential to assess its amenities of it. Every facility has staff available 24/7 and various amenities are offered to the residents by them. However, you still need to make a list of the amenities which are not offered or that you need with you. This will hugely impact your process of packaging by not over-packing or under-packing.
- Choose the right furniture – In case your Assisted Living Facility is not furnished then it is imperative to get the right furniture. This will include a great kind of mattress, bed frame, table, chair, nightstand, dresser for clothing, etc. However, in some cases, if there is any piece of furniture with attached emotions or values then you need to bring that as well. Ensure that you avoid getting rugs as they are prone to tripping hazards.
- Pack the right clothing – Downsizing your wardrobe for assisted living in Westwood CA is the right move. The facilities do provide laundry services which means you can pack light. However, consider the clothes which are climate appropriate. Also, pack proper undergarments, socks, and shoes that make you feel comfortable 24/7.
- Collect the entertainment as well as fun items – It is not essential that you have to give up on your entertainment and fun items when moving to an assisted living facility. You can pack items like a computer or TV and even fun books and games. This will allow you to be occupied and enjoy your time at assisted living without any disappointments.
- Pack personal essentials – Another thing that you shouldn’t ignore while packing for assisted living is your essentials like toiletries, medications or medical equipment, personal documents, daily use items, as well as mobile phone or chargers.
No wonder packing for Assisted Living Westwood CA can take a lot of time. The above-mentioned checklist will keep you away from the worry of forgetting anything behind. Follow it religiously to keep yourself on track.